The outbreak created by COVID-19 is terrifying tons of people around the globe. People are doing all they can to save themselves and their loved ones for novel coronavirus. Social distancing, lockdown measure, wearing masks and proper sanitizing. Can face mask prevent coronavirus entering your body?
This virus is transmitted via droplets and not through air. The masks we get are designed to keep the droplets inside in order to save other people from getting sick.
Wear the mask when you’re sick to prevent coronavirus
If someone at your place has caught COVID and you are taking care of them, only then it is suggested to wear face mask while treating them. If you have symptoms or if you are feeling sick, you should put on a mask.
Why shouldn’t you get a N95 or Standard surgical mask
These masks are worn by medical experts like doctors and nurses during treating a patient. They are guided well and ensured that the mask forms an airtight seal. The biggest producer 3M have clearly mentioned, “no matter how well a respirator seals to the face and how efficient the filter media is, wearers should expect a small amount of leakage inside any respirators. No respirator will eliminate exposures entirely.” Buying them during the outbreak hence, causes a shortage for hospitals and healthcare workers who actually need them.
When to use a mask to prevent coronavirus?
- The masks are properly effective only when we frequently keep your hand sanitized with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Wear the mask when you are sick
- While treating the person with suspected COVID-19
How to wear medical mask?
- Make sure that there are no gaps between your face and mask and your mouth and nose should be properly covered.
- Prevent touching the mask while using it, if you do, sanitize or clean with hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with new one as soon as it’s damp.
- Always remove the mask from behind and never touch it from front.
To sum up, Face mask can’t prevent coronavirus