Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The disease was first identified in December 2019 in Wuhan, the capital of China’s Hubei province, and has since spread globally, resulting in the ongoing 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic.
Common symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Other symptoms may include muscle pain, sputum production, diarrhea, sore throat, loss of smell & taste, and abdominal pain. While the majority of cases result in mild symptoms, some progress to severe viral pneumonia and death.
Here are few tips for that must be followed as a precaution from getting the infection
1. Use a maximally tri-layered cotton mask (can be prepared self).
2. Wash your hands and forearms with soap water for 30 seconds every two hours. Use spirit or sanitizer after that.
3. Wash eyes, face and nostrils thrice daily to prevent the colonisation of viruses.
4. Avoid congested places. Family members should also maintain at least 2 meters distance.
5. Avoid more than 3 members sleeping in a room in a family.
6. Avoid more than 3 people in a car.
7. Do warm saline gargle every 4 hours (normal), every 3 hours when in quarantine camps, every 2 hours for suspicious or infected persons. Gargle can also be done by antiseptics like iodine or chlorhexidine. Virus load from throat & mouth can be removed or destroyed by regular gargle.
8. Nasal inhalation of hot steam or tincture benzoin inhalation can eliminate viral load from nose, throat, respiratory passages and lungs.
9. Mucolytic expectorants may be given to remove mucous along with virus from the lungs and respiratory tract. Suitable antibiotics can be taken for cough, cold and fever due to other infections.
10. Drink plenty of water to dilute and filter out toxic products.
11. Strictly vegetarian non-spicy meals
12. Use gloves while working in public places. Spectacles to be used regularly.
13. Wash the face of small children & infants with warm sterile water at least 3 times a day.
14. Change clothing and bed sheets daily and corona workers should change clothing and take a bath before entering their home.
15. Avoid air conditioners.